Monday, February 7, 2011

A rite of passage...

On Sunday afternoon, I ran out to the gro to stock up for the week.  Was a usual trip, hour/ hour and a half (at the most).  When I left, the (big) kids were in the backyard playing.  Mattie, our neighbor from a few houses down rode her bike over (She's in 4th grade.) and was playing with the kids (and Sutton).  When I returned from the store, the kids were still in the backyard playing.  As soon as I stepped out of the car, Jackson came running up (full of excitement), "Mommy come here, I HAVE to show you something!"  Being drug to the front yard, I couldn't imagine what the excitement and smiles were all about.
THEN, I saw it...Sutton had taken Jackson's training wheels off of his bike! (The one he just got from Santa.)  I thought to myself as we headed to the street...there is NO way!  Sure enough, with a small push from Sutton, Jackson was off...on TWO wheels!  I couldn't believe he mastered this life long skill in such a short period of time!   
I'm so proud of him!  Way to go Jackson!
(Hats off for Mattie who apparently was his number one cheerleader!)


No comments:

Post a Comment