Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mother of a Boy...

Well I haven't had a chance until now to blog this...

Tuesday after school, the kids and I came home as usual. I was in the kitchen starting dinner, and Jackson wanted to play out back. Fine, he's done this a million times before. I kept peeking out the kitchen window, just to check. He was dragging and stack firewood as if he was building a log cabin (surprise!). No harm done; I let him continue. A few minutes passed and I decided it was time to check-in again. I looked out the window and no Jackson. I figured he was just out of sight from the window. I walked out on the porch and called his name, "Jackson!" "Yes ma'am!" he responded. As I got to the end of the porch, I hear, "I'm up here!" Looking up, I see Jackson on top (yes on top) of his canvas roofed swing set (at least 10 ft up)! I panicked, "Jackson stay right there do not move!" I ran down the stairs, and shimmied up the "crow's nest" (the highest part of the swing set- where Jackson had climbed up.) Mind you, I'm still in work clothes- skirt, tights, and boots. After rescuing Jackson, I think he saw the fear in my eyes, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, I not do dat aden."
*See yellow star below!

I've always heard there's a special place in heaven for a mom of a boy...


2 comments: